How do we transform your ordinary space into a luxurious living area like this?
It’s a process we’ve mastered for the last 30 years and it’s one we take a lot of pride in.
At KBF by Audi Contractors, we understand that every home is different and every homeowner has a vision. It’s our job to listen to that vision and deliver a smooth and pleasant experience with our talented designers, project managers and rest of our expert contractors.
From start to finish, we are with you every step of the way.
Our 6-step dream home process
PHASE I – ESTMATE/INITIAL CONSULTATION
Depending on the project, we begin with a no cost on-site consultation. This is where we get to know you and your home and define precisely what’s most important to you regarding your goals, your budget, and your vision for your space. We’ll take photos and measurements of the space, discuss your design ideas and timelines and share with you how we will begin to construct a reasonable budget tailored perfectly to meet your needs.
PHASE 2 – PRELIMINARY PROPOSALS
From the information gathered in our initial meeting we will develop a three-part complimentary preliminary design and preliminary project budget range, custom designed for you. This includes a:
- Product Allowance Proposal – which gives you the allowance amount for all products
- Construction Estimate Proposal – covers everything from demolition to permits to installation
- Initial Payment Schedule – we take the Product Allowance and Construction Estimate, combine them to give you an out the door price for your project broken down for you into our payment phases
PHASE 3 – TWO PART DESIGN & PRODUCT SELECTION
Once you have decided to move forward with us, we will enter our two-part design & product selection phase. For this part we do require a 2% designer retainer of the initial total cost estimate. During the signing phase, we refund you 1% towards the products and 1% remains as a design fee:
- Design Phase: With your designer, you meet at one of our design center locations, where you get a monitor and we get a monitor. From there we walk you through the entire space. With your input and our expertise, we finalize a complete design for your project. Once the design is 100% finalized, we will move into the product selection
- Product Selection Phase: This is the fun part of the process! During this process we will select every finish that will go into your space. With our complete check list of items, we will select every product for your project out of one of our state of the art design center locations. Your designer will help bring the project to life with color and form. Once the product selection is complete, we will enter the next phase of our process.
PHASE 4 – FINAL PROPOSAL SIGN OFFS
With the design complete and all your selections made, it is time to finalize the proposals and sign off on the project. During the sign off’s we will sit down and ensure every aspect of your project is correct and ready to go. We will sign off on all the updated proposals, the payment schedule and all the drawings necessary to ensure your vision becomes reality. Once we sign off on the project, our project coordinator will ensure all the products you have chosen are ordered and ready to go for your project. We do not start projects until we have all your products in our possession to ensure a seamless construction schedule. Once everything is ordered and we receive confirmation on cabinet ship dates, you will be contacted by our project coordinator, which takes us to our next phase.
PHASE 5 – PRE-CONSTRUCTION & PERMITS
During the preconstruction phase, our project coordinator will send your pre-construction date, your start date, as well as your assigned project manager. We will do a pre-construction walk-through meeting at your home 1-2 weeks prior to your start date. At this meeting, your Designer will introduce you to your dedicated Project Manager, and together, you will review the plan and job schedule for your project. A large portion of this meeting will include a project manager checklist that addresses items specific to your project as well as any considerations specific to your home and family. Once the project manager gets an understanding for the project, he will update our online scheduling portal and complete the job schedule. Finally, we will pull all necessary county permits at this time, so they are ready to go before we start construction.
PHASE 6 – DURING CONSTRUCTION
During construction, your dedicated Project Manager and our Audi field team will complete your project following our online scheduling portal. Your Project Manager will be your day-to-day contact person for all field and scheduling questions, however your Designer will always remain hands on throughout construction to ensure the project stays on track and that any unforeseen issues are handled in a timely and effective manner. Your construction team will take the utmost care of your home, including cleaning the work area at the end of each day, and doing a final professional clean when the job is complete. Your Project Manager will also prepare a punch list and complete all work prior to your final walk-through.
Don’t worry, once the project is complete, we are not going anywhere! With our industry leading 2-year workmanship and 10-year product warranty, if anything goes wrong, simply contact our customer service team and we will handle everything. To top everything off, when your job is complete, your dream space will be photographed so we can show it off to everyone and possible submit for local and national awards! As a client of KBF by Audi, you are a part of our family, and long after your project is over, we are here for you.